Child Steps International is committed to solving some of the world’s biggest problems faced by its most vulnerable citizens, children and youths. We accomplish this through partnerships that engage local and international stakeholders, working collaboratively for lasting solutions.
Our mission is to improve the lives of children and their families who have been affected by war, poverty, and discrimination. We accomplish this by assisting communities in the development and strengthening of innovative, progressive and effective services, which protect children’s rights and give families the opportunity to be prosperous, healthy and safe in the place they call home.
Areas where we engage communities and partners include:
• Awareness, Empowerment & Advocacy
• Creating Entrepreneurship and Leadership Opportunities
• Systems Evaluation & Transformation
Child Steps International comprehensive work includes:
• Program Development – Issues identification and needs assessments, system evaluation, impact assessment, program design, program implementation, ongoing compliance, and outcomes measurement that demonstrate the effectiveness of services and structures.
• Educational Services – Staff and organizational training, targeted teacher’s training, mentoring and curriculum development.
• Consultation – Program evaluation, identification of opportunities, solutions development, thought leadership.
We work with systems of care and governments to create community-based services that are:
• Rooted in best practices and current research
• Culturally informed
• Designed with the participation of community stakeholders